Chief Commercial Officer Position
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will report to the CEO/Chairman of our client which is located in Puerto Rico. The reporting structure of this role is designed to empower this executive to have the authority and responsibility to be singularly accountable for the organic revenue and profitability growth of our client. This includes executing the product vision and direction, developing, managing and delivering the product roadmap, unifying the brand and building the marketing organization, and optimizing the sales and service organization to drive profitable, sustainable growth. This CCO will lead the effort to increase growth, expand product offerings and will need to establish clear alignment to our client and culture and assist with establishing the same with the US affiliate.
Working with existing technical development, sales, marketing and account management assets, this leader will develop the group across several offices into a cohesive and highly functioning team that empowers a strong culture aligned with the vision of the CEO. In addition, Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for creating the sales infrastructure and diligence to drive repeatable and sustainable growth, including setting the go-to-market strategy, disciplined pipeline planning and management, leveraging CRM tools and analytics, holding teams accountable to KPI’s and revenue goals and creating a competitive, fun and transparent culture for winning.
Our client is a newer entity operating in Puerto Rico and works closely with its US affiliate that has been a significant player in developing web-based software solutions for state governments for 20 years. They are currently marketing the recently updated version of the software developed by the US affiliate. The CEO’s vision is for the company to lead the effort to grow sales and to identify and develop new software solutions that build on the current offerings by adding capability in Puerto Rico and continuing to utilize the resources of the US affiliate.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Lead cultural / organizational change based upon the CEO/Chairman’s vision and core ideology.
- Must be able to collaborate very well with the CEO Chairman to execute a defined vision and strategy that creates an empowered culture
- Consolidate, professionalize and scale the Sales organization to drive profitable, organic revenue growth.
- Build and maintain key client relationships, manage the account management and support staff while creating a culture of winning, excellence and service.
- Review and improve the sales and account management process, set KPI’s with clear quotas or goals, implement sales pipeline management and metrics. Monitor lead generation, outcomes of leads, bid opportunities and efforts, including pipeline activity.
- Review and improve structure and repeatable processes for sales and account management to respond to RFPs and RFIs, across product offerings and associated pricing.
- Create training opportunities for the product, marketing, sales and account management teams to ensure product knowledge is complete and best practices are shared and codified.
- Organize and lead periodic product and sales summits to promote collaboration and shared success.
- Work with CEO Chairman, and the Team to establish annual budgets, including pricing, revenue forecasting, investments, product, sales and marketing metrics and incentive plans to support company goals and motivate teams.
- Work within the Company’s US affiliate to develop cooperative strategy to optimize the utilization of the resources of the two entities and ensure the relationship is compliant with US tax law.
- Unify the company brand and build the marketing organization, processes and efforts to drive brand recognition, corporate communications and demand generation across all products.
- Develop strategies to maximize partner and influencer relationships.
- Define and execute the product vision and strategy for the Company and develop and deliver the product roadmap.
- Work with management and operations staff to enhance existing products and product delivery as well as develop new product offerings that will be accretive to the organization and optimize value at exit.
- Identify and participate in key industry-related events and conferences.
- Participate in the diligence, close and functional integration of the commercial organizations of add-on acquisitions.
Your required expertise
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible career trajectory in strategic sales and marketing, sales management; product management and client relationship management and product development.
- Demonstrable track record of success in managing the commercial operations, including product development, marketing, sales and client services.
- Deep relationships and knowledge selling services processes and systems interacting with Education, Health, Police, and other agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in building product, sales and marketing teams, processes and infrastructure.
- Experience scaling an established company in the State and Local Government industry desired.
- Understanding of marketing and marketing processes, and has overseen teams that manage branding, positioning, communications and demand generation and working with marketing agencies.
- Understanding of foundational sales tools (eg. SalesForce.com, NetSuite), processes and analytics to drive evidence-based planning and decision- making.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills both verbal and in written form.
- Ability to represent and evangelize the company and its products, to both external and internal audiences.
Innate and well-developed team orientation; create strong sense of responsibility, accountability, reliability, and commitment of self and others.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience using common business productivity applications and tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft development platforms.
- Financial sophistication combined with technical understanding of product and customer requirements; Understand and explain financial implication of product and pricing strategies, contracts and sales forecasting.
- Deep relationships and knowledge of State and Local Government services processes and systems interacting with Education, Health, Police, and other agencies.
- Translate complex business and financial issues in terms that are readily understandable to a broad audience.
- Experience in presenting to and interacting with the Board, Private Equity Investors, M&A targets and strategic partners.
- Has a history of building and maintaining a strong culture
- Knowledge of Azure.
- Master’s degree in business.
- Ability to have an impact through personal energy and an ability to energize others.
- The successful candidate will be a consultative, strategic thinker with the ability to translate known and latent market needs, market strategies and customer insights into sales and product opportunities.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in time-sensitive situations. Proven self-starter with entrepreneurial drive – a sales and marketing executive with a strong player/coach orientation who knows how to build and manage a world-class solution-oriented sales, marketing and product creation team.
- Drive and sense of urgency, this individual will know how to work effectively to set and meet aggressive revenue and profitability targets.
- A team player who is goal-oriented and confident, this individual must demonstrate an ability to get things done.
- Collaborative, with the ability to drive progress and work in alignment and harmony with leadership team and staff.
- Has a history of building and maintaining a strong culture
- Can-do, winning attitude, the highest level of integrity, and the ability to inspire confidence with an open, trustworthy, and engaging style; track record of recruiting and developing talent.
Cultural fit and impact
- Unquestionable integrity, ethics and judgment with a collaborative, caring personality and ability to manage up, down and laterally.
- Courage and ability to take a strong position when required for the good of the Company. Can be counted on to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Highly intelligent with the intellectual curiosity to probe and understand complex business, economic, political and social issues and trends affecting the healthcare sector.
- Low ego, collaborative style, someone who enjoys inspiring teams and adding an element of fun to a dynamic work environment.
Learn how we can help you recruit for your Act 60 company
At JANE, not only do we have a deep expertise in all things talent, but we also understand the benefits and intricacies of operating as an Act 60 (formerly Acts 20 and 22) business in Puerto Rico.